[Kde-pim] Towards better nested list handling in KMail

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:26:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

Thomas McGuire wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> On Sunday 16 March 2008, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> This is another feature I've been working on for kjots.
>>
>> KMEditor supports lists currently, but not nested lists. I've been
>> experiementing with adding a DoTheRightThing nested list feature in kjots
>> and kmail.
>
> I won't have time to look at this (and the link editor) until after the
> Akonadi meeting this weekend. But then, I'll have a torough look.

I've made some progress on this and created a helper class to format the
list using an event filter. I still have a lot of optimization to do and
more events and cases to cover, but I think I can do everything I want now
with it.

Just thought I'd let you know, so need to spend time on a thorough look into
the last patch. My work-in-progress is attached. It applies against kjots,
but I can apply something similat to KMEditor when it's done.

I had a deeper look into the qt rich text classes too, but I haven't yet
tracked down how the link formatting/unformatting could work.

> It's great that you work on this and that we will be able to share code
> between KMail and KJots.

Sure. I'd actually like to see a KRichTextEdit and KPart in kdelibs that all
could use. It might just mean moving most of KMEditor into it. As far as I
can see most of it is not specific to PIM/email and could be shared by many
applications. KMEditor could then just be a subclass of it?

Best regards,

Steve.