[Kde-pim] Questions / Issues on Akonadi - caching / "partial" data calls

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Mar 20 07:08:17 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 08:01:18 pm Volker Krause wrote:
> > At first the retrieveCollections() is called on the resource, so the
> > resource should query its data source to build up a logical collection
> > hierarchy and return it.
> > Now for every collection retrieveItems() is called on the resource. The
> > resource returns now all items that belong to that collection.
>
> How much of the items is retrieved depends on the cache policy of the
> collection and the abilities of the resource at this point. You might want
> to retrieve eg. just the email header here (think online imap), additional
> item data can be retrieved later on by retrieveItem() calls.

Is there anything more on the "cache policy" concept? Documentation or
pointers?

I can get part of a message (in fact, I'll almost always have to assemble the
RFC822 out of component parts) - is there an example of an application and
resource that do this? If not, what would this look like in terms of
retrieveItems()?

Brad