[Kde-pim] interesting rich search UI

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sat Mar 8 12:40:33 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 13:29:33 Michael Rudolph wrote:
> When handling email the problem at hand is quite different in my
> opinion. The biggest mistake, that I see, with pim user interfaces is
> that my communication is "split up" all wrong. To me email
> conversations with my friends, chat conversations with my friends and
> their "web2.0 - social-networking - update" rss-feeds are much closer
> related, than, say, email conversations with friends and mailinglist
> traffic. Yet in every pim application out there, my communication is
> grouped by technical similarities rather than its content, which from a
> user's perspective would make much more sense.

Agreed, not just in PIM but generally, our data is grouped by type, not by
context.  By using Nepomuk as the relational index, and Akonadi as a PIM
store accessible from anywhere, we should be able to break the data the
represents out of neatly typed silos and present it together in the contexts
in which we use it.

Will

--
Will Stephenson