[Kde-pim] Akonadi D-Bus interface renaming: remaining issues

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jun 16 11:40:08 BST 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > >
> > > WindowContext?
> >
> > I like this.
> >
> > In a comment to my blog about this topic, Aaron suggested to use
> > org.freedesktop.Akonadi.VisualNotifications since there are people
> > working on a fdo spec using a similar name and we could probably switch
> > to this once there are implementations available.
> >
> > So maybe we should split the two problem domains, i.e. one interface for
> > the window context and one for the notifications and let the tray app
> > implement both.
>
> Since Tom needs to tag tomorrow, we should probably do this renaming today
> or tomorrow morning.

Different tag tomorrow, same context, unfortunately no feedback since last
time.

Therefore the suggestion is

org.freedesktop.Akonadi.WindowContext /WindowContext
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.WindowContext

and

org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Notifications /Notifications
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Notifications

Separate D-Bus connection names so notifications can later be deprecated in
favor of a XDG notification service some of the KNotify guys are working on.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring