[Kde-pim] KDE-PIM 4.1 Beta1 FeedBack

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 21:01:50 BST 2008

Howdy,

The enclosed was extracted from a message I received that has
some very good things to nice about beta1.

Feel free to fix any of the problems described below :)

I like to have korganizer start in the system tray with the reminder daemons
running. 95% of the time, it doesn't start and I have to start it manually.
Even then, only about 50% of the time will it go into the systray, otherwise I
have to start it manually a second time! Rebooting and the same problem all
over again. Also, the side panel in korganizer, with the calendar, the details
of the todos and the resources, is not shown at all, even though I have them
enabled in the menu bar up top.

When a reminder is triggerred, when I select dismiss, it often dismisses not
just the highlighted reminder, but the whole list! Also (I have filed a bug
report), when I defer/suspend a reminder and reboot or turn off/on my computer,
the suspended reminder is forgotten and I am never reminded at all.

I have not noticed any problems with akregator, and I use it daily. kmail
seems to be working just fine. I had a slight problem with it when I upgraded
from the fedora repos to kde-redhat: my outgoing servers were not recognized
and I had to reconfigure them, but my identities and incoming servers were fine.

All in all, I am very pleased with this beta and can't wait for beta2! This is
really looking very good. I have been following Asiego's blog and I will
probably not use most of what he is talking about (something about folder
views and whatnot), as I don't even understand it, but it should be great once
I can get my hands on it. No doubt, I will figure out how it can be useful,
once I have it installed.