[Kde-pim] How to start the Akonadi Server ?

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:04:16 BST 2008

I am trying to use Mailody but on start it complains the akonadi
server is not running so no resources can be used.

I ran "akonadictl status" and I got this output:

- Akonadi Control: running
- Akonadi Server: stopped

So I can see the akonadi server is stopped but I have no idea how to
start it. I searched services in /etc/init.d in kde kontrol panel and
even executed the akonadiserver binary on console but I get the
following message:

Database server exited unexpectedly, exit code 1

Google does not tell me anything about this.

any help is greatly appreciated...
Horacio