[Kde-pim] [patch] Printing emails

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 18:23:45 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> And the 38 usages of processEvents() concern me a bit, but at least
> processEvents() doesn't seem to be as problematic as QEventLoop, which almost
> always has problems

They are the same technically.
However grepping for processEvents isn't enough. processEvents is fine *IF* protected
by a modal progress dialog. Then one can be sure that the user cannot interfer with the
GUI meanwhile, like closing the widget where the code is running for instance
(or switching messages, indeed).

But I agree with you, processEvents(), when not protected by a modal progress dialog,
should be avoided at all costs in GUI applications.