[Kde-pim] [patch] Printing emails

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 23:14:57 BST 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Possible fix for [1] (Windows).
> For review.
>
> The code (before patching) works on Linux (?) only by accident, I
> guess (probably thanks to different strategy of handling QTimers with
> 0 delay [2]).
>
> Explanation: KMReaderWin::printMsg() _can_ be executed before the
> timer handling slotWriteNextHtmlChunk() finishes. And it is, on
> Windows. Another place where usign timers looks unfortunate..
>
> [1] http://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2647
> [2] mHtmlTimer.start( 0 );

The correct fix would be making sure that printMsg() is not called
before writting the HTML is finished (probably by introducing a new
signal and listening to it). I'm not sure your patch is a good fix
since it is clearly against the intent of KHtmlPartHtmlWriter to write
the full queue synchronously to the HTML part. Since Marc wrote this
class I hope he will comment on this.

Regards,
Ingo