[Kde-pim] KBlogger for KDEPIM4?

christian_weilbach at web.de christian_weilbach at web.de
Wed Jan 23 19:54:40 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Am Sonntag 20 Januar 2008 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > Howdy,
>
> Hi Allen,
>
> > I was thinking that kblogger [1] might be nice to have in our 4.1
> > release. kblogger currently lives in trunk/playground/pim, but
> > Christian and Antonio are preparing to move it either into extragear or
> > into kdepim.
> >
> > First it needs to pass the kdereview process.
> >
> > kblogger makes extensive use of the kdepimlibs/kblog library so it
> > feels natural for us to have it in kdepim.
> >
> > Comments? Good idea/Bad idea?
>
> How would this relate to the existing daily journal stuff in KDEPIM? I use
> that one quite often, well almost daily. I always thought a button to
> place an entry into a (yet to set up) blog would be nice. Or is KBlogger
> something completely different? Maybe some kind of integration with the
> daily journal stuff would make sense.

The journal part of KOrganizer is already done by Mike and included in KDEPIM
4.* It shares all the talking-to-the-server related stuff with KBlogger in
KBlog. The difference is that KBlogger has a complete interface for viewing
your blog postings on different blogs (profiles), move them to a trash,
delete them and write them locally and send them later. It also aims to have
media (especially image with thumbnail) support in the editor, so you can
easily manage images in your blogs. You even get an html preview what your
post will look like on the server. Maybe this can be done in the Kontact
editor as well any time in the future...

Antonio will maintain it, once it is there, but he is busy at the moment.
Until he will join the developping efforts in a month or so, we won't be able
to go to review. He needs to improve (add a gui, fix) the thumbnail and media
stuff.

> Ciao,

Ciao,
Christian