[Kde-pim] Question: Akonadi::TransactionSequence

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jan 23 19:30:43 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Volker Krause wrote:

> No, that's actually a known issue in Akonadi. ItemDeleteJob uses
> transactions internally as well, but the server can't handle cascaded
> transactions yet, libakonadi/itemsync.cpp has the same problem. As a
> workaround, you can use Job instead of TransactionSequence, this requires
> only minimal code changes since Job is a KCompositeJob already. Compared to
> TransactionSequence this has the obvious drawback of not being atomic as
> well as being considerably slower.

Ah, ok. So I tried the worst possible case right at the first attempt ;)

I am currently mostly interested in the queueing so I'll try Akonadi::Job for
now.

> Of course, fixing the server would be preferred instead ;-) It's basically
> adding transaction counting to DataStore and adjusting the usage of
> inTransaction() accordingly I think.

Maybe when I start to understand better how this communication stuff actually
works on the lower levels :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring