[Kde-pim] branches/KDE/4.0/kdepimlibs/mailtransport

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 26 14:08:23 GMT 2008

The problem with the kconf_update script is pretty easy to reproduce, assuming
a shared .kde for KDE 3 and 4 (as Fedora is set up):
1. Configure your KDE 3 KMail (set up your accounts).
2. Install KDE 4 kdepimlibs.
3. Run KDE 3 KMail again and watch how all your account configuration has been
messed up (the script doesn't _copy_ it to the new values, it _moves_ them,
so it completely breaks KDE-3-based kdepim (3.5 or enterprise shouldn't
matter)).

We've been working around this in Fedora by simply removing the offending
script during our package builds. Are we the only distribution using a
shared .kde for everything?

        Kevin Kofler