[Kde-pim] Branches, merges etc.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 20:10:07 GMT 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Till Adam wrote:
> > - merge everything that went into 3.5 into enterprise branch, then
> > fold enterprise branch into 3.5 branch for an eventual
> > 3.5.++current release (Pradeepto, atm)

[snip]

> Therefore, I added the feature you'll find in the attached patch:
> It adds a filter-field at the top of the tree as is available in a
> lot of other places in KDE, too.
> And I can tell, this is much more convenient to use than some
> "favourites".
>
> What do you think about it ?

A few comments:
- The message list quick search is configurable (albeit only directly in
the Settings menu instead of in the config dialog *sigh*). The folder
list quick search should also be configurable (in Appearance/Layout ?).
- The entry "Show Quick Search" in the Settings menu becomes ambiguous
as soon as there are two quick searches. Instead of rewording it I'd
prefer it to be removed from the Settings menu and added to the
configuration dialog (I'd say under Appearance/Message List).
- Showing the favorite folder view and the quick search at the same time
(by default) is a no-go. By default, at most one of those two should be
shown. I don't really care which one is shown.

Regards,
Ingo