[Kde-pim] Question: Akonadi::TransactionSequence

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jan 29 21:10:34 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Friday 25 January 2008 13:40:08 Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > While examining code in libakonadi, I found that ItemSync already
> > implements this use case.
> > I modified my local copy so it gets exported and so far everything worked
> > fine.
> >
> > Any specific reason why it is marked @internal?
>
> It's an implementation detail of ResourceBase, so far I didn't see another
> use case for it. However, since this has changed we of course can export
> it.

Ah, ok.
For now I am using a copy in the project's source dir.
Maybe it is good to keep it internal, since this save/load semantics (keep
application local copies) should not be encouraged for new client code using
Akonadi.

> But I'm not sure if the current version actually works for your application
> since it relies on remote ids being present, which is ok for (Akonadi)
> resources, but is not the case for new items created by a client
> application. So, we might need to extend it to support syncing based on
> uids as well.

It works well in my test setup, where I use the vcard resource as the input
and since it uses the Addressee::uid() as its remote ID I do the same when
appending an item.

I admit that it is a hack and I hope we can have a look at these compat
resource implementations in Osnabrück :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring