[Kde-pim] Question: Akonadi::TransactionSequence

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Jan 29 16:03:34 GMT 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 13:40:08 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > To improve this and to also get a proper asyncSave() implementation, I
> > looked through libakonadi for job chaining and found TransactionSequence.
> >
> > I created an internal  subclass called SaveSequence and add the
> > ItemDeleteJob, ItemStoreJob and ItemAppendJob to it before either
> > executing it using exec() (for the synchronous save() method) or start()
> > (for the asyncSave() method).
>
> A follow up on this:
>
> While examining code in libakonadi, I found that ItemSync already
> implements this use case.
> I modified my local copy so it gets exported and so far everything worked
> fine.
>
> Any specific reason why it is marked @internal?

It's an implementation detail of ResourceBase, so far I didn't see another use
case for it. However, since this has changed we of course can export it.

But I'm not sure if the current version actually works for your application
since it relies on remote ids being present, which is ok for (Akonadi)
resources, but is not the case for new items created by a client
application. So, we might need to extend it to support syncing based on uids
as well.

regards
Volker