[Kde-pim] Decibel akonadi integration

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 15:01:32 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 03:06:24 George Goldberg wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2008 5:29 AM, Tobias Koenig <tokoe at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:18:56PM +0100, Volker Krause wrote:
> > > That was my initial reaction as well when this first came up. OTOH
> > > Akonadi already has working change notifications in place, no need to
> > > do that again. Also, we have support for multi-part items by now, which
> > > allows to store the online state attached to the corresponding contact
> > > without any changes to the actual contact data (and thus not
> > > propagating any changes to groupware servers etc.). This eg. would also
> > > mean that a IM application's contact list is bascially just a
> > > Akonadi::ItemModel without the need of dealing with a second backend.
>
> This sounds good - the IM contact list being and Akonadi::ItemModel
> was basically what I was aiming for - avoid every app wanting to do
> realtime stuff needing to get the data from two different sources.

Hi George

This was the problem in KDE 3 inside KIMProxy.  I am in favour of putting
basic IM data - addresses and their presence - Akonadi.

I'm glad to see you have teamed up with Tobias and are making progress with
Decibel again.  I wanted to work on this since last year but haven't had
time.

Will
--
Will Stephenson