[Kde-pim] coding style (Re: New Maintainer of KMail)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 19:39:42 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> No, especially if you just change the policy so it fits to:
>
> QString bar(int i)
> {
>   mycommand(no_capital_letters);
>   if (whatever) oneliner();
>   if (stuff)
>   {
>     firstcommand();
>     nextcommand();
>   }
> }
>
> this is just my opinion of course. Now is the time to do a change!
> innerCapitals are annoying because you never know if command-parts are
> withIn one word or if they are two words.

Huho, a discussion on coding style, we can hear the bikeshed coming...
I recommend adopting the kdelibs coding style (which is quite close to the Qt coding style
but a bit more adapted to opensource development), which is a much better idea
than debating over N different coding styles that nobody will ever agree upon.
By choosing the kdelibs style you also make it easier for kde developers to switch
between "coding in kdelibs" and "coding in kdepim" (and any other module that adopts the same style).