[Kde-pim] KMail in KDE 3.5.8 works worse, than even 3.5.5 with LDAP and MS Exchange

Rashid N. Achilov achilov-rn at askd.ru
Tue Feb 5 11:20:56 GMT 2008

Subj.

I'm sad to have to make said this, but that's it.  KDE 3.5.5 CAN connect to
AD, download contacts and show it in address hintist (which appears when you
start new mail and start to print address in "To" line), so you can use any
addres from AD, even it has hundred user accounts. KDE 3.5.7 and 3.5.8 CANNOT
do it :-<< It shows only local addressbook and recent-addresses in hintlist.
Yes, I still can select address through "Select", but for me first type of
decision was more comfortable - why it does not work now??

KMail from KDE 3.5.8 constantly hangs, when connects to MS Exchange. We have
very detailed folders tree in Exchange, some with huge messages list. When I
press on some folder, do not wait for full download and press on another
folder, sometimes KMail hangs at receiving folder list - it receives this
list, but for completing I have to wait at least 5 minutes! KDE 3.5.5 did not
do so.
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton