[Kde-pim] kmail 1.9.9 (kde 3.5.9) sasl(-)1 generic failure

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:17:58 GMT 2008

Hello everyone!

after upgrading to kde 3.5.9, kmail shows a dialog box with this text:

   Authorization failed, An error occurred during authentication: SASL(-1):
   generic failure: Parse error authentication not supported

I click OK a everything works as normal (except for the dialog box of course)

I use TLS for transport and DIGEST-MD5 for authentication.

I've not touched my cyrus/sasl configuration in months, and this
bug/feature/whatever is new since the mentioned upgrade. What could be
causing this? Logs show nothing obvious, but I can post them too if anyone
thinks is important.

(I'm not subscribed to kdepim-devel, please CC me. Posted to kde-devel just in
case this a "feature" of kdelibs)

Best regards,
Norberto