[Kde-pim] Kmail

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Fri Feb 8 15:51:16 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Bernard Opic wrote:

> I'm willing to contribute to the development of Kmail.
>
> Who can explain the process?
Well, first you need the development version of KDEPIM, as explained on
techbase [1]. After building KDEPIM, you can run and test KMail. You'll soon
notice some bugs (if not, there is a list of regressions available at [2]).
Well, start with fixing one of those bugs, preferrable something easy to get
used to it. You could also add some feature, but I would prefer bugfixes.
After you fixed the bug, send the patch (which is the output of "svn diff" in
the source directory) to this mailinglist, we'll then review and commit it.
After sending some patches, you can get commit access yourself.

To stay up-to-date with the development, you should probably read the commits
to KDEPIM, you can do this with commitfilter [3]. You can also hang around in
the #kontact IRC channel, were most of the developers are.

I hope this answers your question, if anything is still unclear, just ask.

Regards,
Thomas

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/KDE4
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdepim/kde4bugs#KMail