[Kde-pim] opensync, kitchensync, kmobiletools / livemobiletools development

Beaudoin Gael gaboo at gaboo.org
Sat Feb 23 12:26:26 GMT 2008

Hi !

I'm interested in pim syncing. It seams that it's not in a good shape in trunk
so I wonder what is the state of syncing, opensync, etc, in kde.

I have a fresh trunk svn checkout and opensync 0.36 installed. I can't manage
to compile current kitchensync (it does not find opensync package).

If I try cmake directly inside kitchensync directory, KDE4_ADD_LIBRARY cmake
macro is not found. I've tried changing it to kde4_add_library as seen
elsewhere buyt no luck. I'm not a buildsystem expert, I don't  know where the
problem is. I've not spent that much time though.

So, what is the plan ? Have you discussed this ?
Are you waiting for akonadi ?

I've only submitted few patches to KDE and I'm looking for something that
would interest me enough to hack on. I follow kde develoment closely. And
I've been wanting to sync my pim data for years. And I think it's badly
missing. So where can I help ? Someone to help me getting started ?

Thanks ! :)
Gaƫl Beaudoin (my nick is gaboo)