[Kde-pim] custom font settings ignored in list?

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 19:45:59 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Sunday 21 December 2008 20:34:00 Andreas Demmer wrote:
> I switched from KDE 4.1.3 to KDE 4.2 today and deleted all old KDE
> settings.
>
> The new KMail seems to ignore my custom font settings in inbox list view: I
> have choosen bold fonts for new and unread messages, but all new and unread
> messages appear in normal style:
> http://imagebin.ca/view/HPO87htM.html
>
> Is this a bug or am I mistaken?

Yes, that is a bug, please file a bug report under the "new message list"
component of KMail. I'm not sure how to best fix this, though, as the font can
also be specified in the setting of the theme. It is not clear if the font of
the configure dialog should override all fonts of the theme (might not make
sense for the fancy theme, where the sender/receiver has a different font, for
example).
One option is to remove the message list stuff from the font settings
altogether, and add a theme option for making the text bold instead.

Regards,
Thomas