[Kde-pim] Partial week printing (Re: KDE/kdepim/korganizer/printing)

Ron Goodheart rong.dev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:05:07 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 15:20:41 David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Ron Goodheart wrote:
> > Exactly right, it was because it was setup to print weeks at a time. My
> > emphasis was just to go through fixing stuff since the printing needed
> > some care. I think we would need a new option for printing the range
> > specified, not weeks. BTW - this tripped me up initially as well since
> > the GUI allows a day range not weeks.
>
> Yep, confusing.
>
> I hacked this into the (uncommitted) code for now, can be connected to a
> checkbox "[ ] Always print entire weeks" in the future, unless someone has
> a better idea for a GUI.
>
> > > This printing code works for me -- except that drawDayBox doesn't wrap
> > > long lines, so an event with a long title gets truncated... Any ideas
> > > on how to fix that?
> >
> > I saw that too - it could be treated the way the month print does it,
> > printing and wrapping the title in a sub-box. The month printing allows
> > an option to allow truncation as really long titles can end up using all
> > of the space.
>
> Ah -- thanks a lot for that hint. Problem solved by adding a similar
> checkbox in the "week" printing.
>
> I also added a "include description" checkbox in the week printing, we
> needed the company meeting schedule to include the longer description
> entered into each event.
>
> The resulting patch is attached -- but obviously it has to wait until after
> the 4.2 freeze; I hope it still applies then :-)
>
> If I forget to come back to this issue (I know I will), feel free to commit
> this code or to ping me about it.

David,
I like the way this prints the range of days an think it will be a nice
addition to the printing choices.
I'm integrating the patch into the other changes I have been making for the
printing as they overlap with what I have been doing (fixing the truncated
lines, color printing, etc).  However, I believe it should be a day print
option rather than week since the day selection prints a range of days, week
prints range of weeks, etc.

I'll get this committed with the other printing changes.

Regards,
Ron