[Kde-pim] KMail Handbook

Manfred tic at tictric.net
Wed Dec 10 19:46:08 GMT 2008

I'd like to point your attention to the following page:

https://techbase.kde.org/Talk:Projects/Documentation/KDE4/kdepim/kmail

I have set up this (and others will follow) page to document the progress of
the handbook and intend to use the discussion pages as scrapbooks to collect
ideas and requests for what and how be in it, or how it can be improved.

So please express your ideas so that I don't have to wast too much time with
wrong attempts and don't get demotivated too soon :-)

What I'm trying to do at the moment is to create a useful sequence of chapters
and sections that concentrate on tasks rather than features.

- Beginners and intermediate tasks
- Advanced KMail with all the bells and whistles

And only when that is done I feel like I want to concentrate on the (boring)
documentation of the ui as an advanced index that helps to find out what to
actually do with it, like linking to the appropriate beginners, intermediate
or advanced task.

The biggest pain for an interested user is to see that there's a lot more
below the surface and not knowing how to actually apply the thing. That at
least reflects my own experience with software documentation.

But there's one more thing. If I look at KMails web page I feel like that one
needs a lot of love too. Well this more or less applies to the kdepim website
as a whole. Who can I contact or wants to contact me so that I can help update
this stuff as well as I go along?

Cheers
Manfred
tictric at jabber.ccc.de