[Kde-pim] user css controlled mail appereance... reload.

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Tue Dec 23 13:08:22 GMT 2008

Am Tuesday 23 December 2008 schrieb Volker Krause:

> This probably doesn't cover everyting we currently do with headers:
> - KNode allows you to select which article headers to show, with which
> label and in which order.
configure/reading news/headers?
humm, i'd say you could offer this as the fallback header and let the user
choose to use this (alongside any css file, limiting the final look) or a
custom header (but dropping the option of UI field configuration)

> - KNode has a reference bar instead of the spam indicator, providing links
> to previous articles in the same thread
we could do a basic variable substitution for the header.inc in the lib and
apps implementing it (being an interface anyway) could reimplement the
function to substitute everything beyond the message fields (kmail does spam,
knode the references)
problem: presumingly most custom styles will support kmail + extras, maybe
akkregator (does it need extras) and less knode - yesno?

> - KMail can render headers of nested mails differently than the top-level
one
visually that's just matter of css and no big deal.
is it possible to show the real header e.g. fany and the embedded one short
(and how?)

regards,
Thomas