[Kde-pim] The string ‘DNL’ in KMail

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Aug 2 23:47:02 BST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008 16:17:27 Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I’m currently translating KMail into Norwegian Nynorsk, and only have one
> untranslated string left (out of 2389!): ‘DNL’. There is no translator’s
> comment for the string, so I have no idea what I should translate it into
> (or if it should be translated at all). Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> (I would guess it’s not trivial for English users to know what it means in
> KMail either, so you might think about changing it to something more easy
> to understand.)

 stands for "Discard to Next Line":

     All characters, up to and including the next newline, are discarded
     without performing any macro expansion.

this is used in the composer templates and is really only useful
for appending comments to the right of code

Karl, I don't think this should be translated at all in branch.
In trunk, I think we should change the i18n("DNL") to i18n("Discard to Next Line")

We really need all the template stuff documented.