[Kde-pim] korganizer - printing calendar item recurrence

Ron Goodheart ron.goodheart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:09:37 BST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 28 August 2008 00:54:51 Ron Goodheart wrote:
>> Hey,
>> I encountered a problem getting in the recurrence code into the printing.
>> This is probably something simple but I'm not sure what to do next.
>>
>> line 320       const KCalendarSystem *calSys =
>> KOGlobals::self()->calendarSystem();
>>
>> [ 73%] Building CXX object
>> korganizer/printing/CMakeFiles/korg_stdprinting.dir/calprintdefaultplugins.o
>> Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libkorg_stdprinting.so
>> CMakeFiles/korg_stdprinting.dir/calprintdefaultplugins.o: In function
>> `CalPrintIncidence::print(QPainter&, int, int)':
>> /home/rgoodheart/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepim/korganizer/printing/calprintdefaultplugins.cpp:320:
>> undefined reference to `KOGlobals::self()'
>> /home/rgoodheart/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepim/korganizer/printing/calprintdefaultplugins.cpp:320:
>> undefined reference to `KOGlobals::calendarSystem() const'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[3]: *** [lib/libkorg_stdprinting.so.4.2.0] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [korganizer/printing/CMakeFiles/korg_stdprinting.dir/all] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** [korganizer/CMakeFiles/korganizer.dir/rule] Error 2
>> make: *** [korganizer] Error 2
>>
>> I have the code ready for the trunk but can't test it until I get past this.
>> korganizer compiled and linked okay until I added my new code that
>> included this.
>> Line 320 is needed for calSys->weekDayName(...) call.
>>
> You probably need to add a target_link_libraries line in the CMakeLists.txt
> file for linking against the core libs.  Try adding ${KDE4_KDECORE_LIBS}
> to the target_link_libraries() call.

Thanks Allen,
I tried this but it didn't get me past the error (although I can't
rule out an error on my part).
Did get it working by changing the link to STATIC - covered in post to
kde-pim with patch. Realizing, of course, that there might be another
(better) way to accomplish this. Thanks again for pointing me in the
right direction to get things working so that I could test.

Regards,
Ron