[Kde-pim] How to backport?

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Aug 26 22:55:35 BST 2008

Hi,

> I just fixed bug #169662 in trunk, but I don't know how to backport the fix
> to 4.1. Are there any how-to's explaining this?
> And how can I test the fix with the stable branch in an easy way
> (preferably without checking out and compiling the whole KDE 4.1 branch)?

You have to checkout 4.1 branch first:

svn-ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/4.1/module

where module would be kdepim (or kdepimlibs, haven't seen the commit) in this
case.

You need to get the diff. Do it before committing to trunk by a regular:

svn diff > ~/patch.diff

or do it after committing, by a regular:

svn diff rev1:rev2 > ~/patch.diff

Now move to your 4.1 checkout, and do a regular

svn up
patch -p0 < ~/patch.diff
svn ci

With a message starting by "Backporting commit ######.", and a small
explanation.

If there are more sophisticated ways (a mars civilian or a magic script that
does it, I don't know, I always do this :P).

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.