[Kde-pim] [RFC, Patch] KMail account wizard

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Aug 21 22:28:04 BST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Togge wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 18:57:28 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > The identity which created is named "Unnamed". Maybe use the same
> > naming scheme as for the auto-created accounts?
>
> Fixed. It now uses a similar approach, ie using the surname as
> identity name instead of the domain part of the email address.

I suggest to use the email address instead. The most common reason for
different identities is different email addresses. Therefore using the
email address as name of the identity seems to be the most sensible
solution. I have 10+ identities with different email addresses, but my
name is the same for almost all identities.

BTW. What happens if there is already an identity of the same name? Your
code does not seem to handle this situation. It calls
manager->newFromScratch( identityName() )
without checking whether there is already an identity of the same name.

Regards,
Ingo