[Kde-pim] Making Libical an External, Hard Dependency

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 17:31:25 BST 2008

Howdy,

Just in case I get hit by a bus, I wanted to let everyone know about my
work to use Freeassocation's resurrected libical project [1] to replace
our internal, forked copy of the old libical 0.24.

What you need:
 - branches/work/kdepimlibs-noical
 - libical v0.32 (which doesn't formally exist yet)

What I've accomplished:
 - the kcal unit tests pass identical to what we currently have
   (i.e. the same set of 39 failures occur with the new libical)
 - KOrganizer seems to work fine

What we're waiting for:
 - an official 0.32 release from the freeassociation project team
 - then about 1 month with lots of warning to tell people they need
   to install libical 0.32 else kdepimlibs won't build

If anyone wants to test their application against the new libical
please let me know and I will give you specific instructions.

-Allen

[1] http://freeassociation.sourceforge.net