[Kde-pim] kmail composer unbearably slow

john terragon terragonjohn at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 17:52:25 BST 2008

Hi,

since I have upgraded to kde 4.1 (from 3.5.9) the composer of kmail has become unbearably slow. It doesn't even scroll up and down correctly (let alone at usable speed) anymore. During the scrolling the only thing that changes is the first visible line (or the last one if you scroll down) and the visible part of the text is update only when the scrolling stops.
Both kate and kwrite work fine and smoothly even in an old computer like mine.

The kmail composer has always been slow and cpu-intensive (for some reason) for me even with kde 3.5 but at least it was still usable. Now I  have to launch kwrite or kate and write the message there.

Just a curiosity, why isn't kmail using kpart for its composer? Some kind of technical problem?
Thanks.

John