[Kde-pim] Mailody picking up external akonadi collections

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 17:46:32 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 13:48:02 Thomas Gillespie wrote:
> Well.... I was discussing this on irc. I don't have a resource but
> apparently the restriction that only resources can create collections in
> the root collection will be removed soon. So i plan on just creating a
> collection and setting its mime type to be mail then storing the mails in
> there. Will that work with mailody?

Yes, Mailody will show every collections that can contain emails, ie. has
message/rfc822 (or derived types) as possible content type.
For the top-level collection problem: We need to review the server for all
places that assume that there is an owning resource for a collection or item,
since this assumptions breaks for top-level collections created by a
non-resource. No idea yet when we will get this done, but as a workaournd you
can use eg. a maildir resource and create a collection there (or use an
existing one).

regards
Volker