[Kde-pim] making Konqueror a Kontact plugin to add URLs to Kontact side bar

Marco Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Aug 5 06:23:13 BST 2008

Greetings,

besides email, address-book, To-Do, Calendar and Feeds, these days I
should also keep an eye all the time on a couple of help-desk like
systems which are only accessible with a web browser. To save time and
window space, I'd like to do this inside Kontact, since even
conceptually using those two pages is not "browsing" to me, but
"personal information / productivity management".

Therefore, I would really like to add to the left pane of Kontact two
distinct icons to open or return to them with Konqueror *inside*
Kontact. What should I do to achieve this?

Does such a plugin already exist? If not, is writing it the only
solution to launch Konqueror directly from the Kontact bar, and inside
the Kontact Window?

If I must write a plugin, I have found this page:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KDE3/How_to_write_Kontact_plugins

is it appropriate/sufficient to do what I need? Do you have any other
pointer, suggestion, whatever on how to do this?

TIA,
				Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84