[Kde-pim] [RFC, Patch] KMail account wizard

Togge togge.gentoo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:59:28 BST 2008

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 18:57:28 Thomas McGuire wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for the patch. There are some problems which need to be fixed before
> it can be committed:
>
> When invoking the wizard from the tool menu, it says "It seems you have
> started KMail the first time...". Please fix that.
Fixed.
I added a function to kmkernel to be able to recognize when the wizard had
been used once before, the variable used was only written to at startup
(KMKernel::init()) so the first page of the wizard would always be shown
before kmail had been restarted once. This also seems to have fixed the layout
problem below.

> The layout of the identity chooser page is broken, see attached screenshot.
Fixed, I hope since I couldn't open the screenshot might be my kmail that is
borked...).

> The identity which created is named "Unnamed". Maybe use the same naming
> scheme as for the auto-created accounts?
Fixed. It now uses a similar approach, ie using the surname as identity name
instead of the domain part of the email address.

> When re-using an existing identity, it overwrites the special transport
> setting. Please don't change the identity at all when reusing it. In fact,
> I think createIdentity shouldn't do anything when reusing an identity.
Fixed.

> Factor out the "if( manager->identities().count() == 1 && !manager-
> >defaultIdentity().mailingAllowed() )" into a common method to avoid code
> duplication, for example onlyDefaultIdentity() or something like that.
Fixed.

> Also factor out the clear() calls to a separate method.
Fixed.

> Actually, I wonder why this is called at all, isn't the text for those
> fields later overwritten in slotCurrentPageChanged() anyway, or am I
> missing something?
The fields are only written to if they are empty.

> Coding style wrt spaces around parenthesis, for example in the
> setAppropriate() call or at "if( mIdentityButtonGroup...".
> Change to "setAppropriate( mIdentityChooserPage, ..." and
> "if ( mIdentityButtonGroup...".
Fixed (I hope :) )

New patch at: http://www.nyblom.org/pub/kde/kmail-accountwizard-2.patch

Any thing else I missed?