[Kde-pim] Crash in kded4

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 10:58:33 BST 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008, Jarosław Staniek wrote:

> Hi,
> Just to confirm that kded4 crashes when kwallet window appears.

Sounds like a topic for kde-core-devel rather than kde-pim, but whatever :)

> Can't/shouldn't we use K_GLOBAL_STATIC for KSycocaPrivate::_self and
> KServiceFactory::_self?

I don't see any relation between that question and the crash below, but anyway:
KServiceFactory cannot use K_GLOBAL_STATIC because kbuildsycoca needs to be
able to create a KBuildServiceFactory (and it should become KServiceFactory::self(),
like it does now). For KSycocaPrivate::_self I'm not sure; it would change the moment
it's destroyed, but I don't know if that would be a problem. Anyway, that stuff works, better not change it :)

> details:
>
> m_str == 0  at ksycoca.cpp:382

My line numbers are a bit off, but do you mean you're hitting this assert?
    if (databaseStatus == DatabaseOK) {
        Q_ASSERT(m_str);

I see no code paths that would set (or leave) databaseStatus to DatabaseOK without m_str being set.
You'll have to investigate a bit more what happens (I suspect the Q_OS_WIN code, since that code works
fine on unix otherwise :)