[Kde-pim] archiving mails from within kmail

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Fri Apr 4 10:09:15 BST 2008

KDE PIM <kde-pim at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 04 April 2008, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > my mailbox got too large and I want to archive mails. As far as I can
see,
> > there is nothing built-in kmail to do this. I found hypermail. This
creates
> > html pages out of mbox files. The result is nice and would be perfect
for
> > me.
> >
> > I'm wondering, how would be the best way to get all mail into a mbox
from
> > within kmail? I can configure a mbox as source of mails, but I've no
idea,
> > how to move a large number of mails from kmail into that mbox. I could
send
> > each mail one by one to the recipient, but that is sth. I do not want to
> > do ;)
>
> You can just create a new folder and choose mbox as the folder's format.
Then
> copy or move the mails into it.

thanks a lot, I usually use only imap as my mail store, and ignored the
local folders so far, I think I did not created a local folder before. When
I copy or move a folder from imap to local store, it does not ask about the
format question.

thanks a lot
Sebastian

> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> P.S.: it is usually better to ask such questions on kdepim-users since
this is
> the KDE PIM development list

sorry, my fault. I thought it was the users list, but obviously not.