[Kde-pim] Text formatting stripped from text pasted into kmail composer.

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Thu Apr 3 20:21:05 BST 2008

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 03 April 2008 21:01:31 schrieb Stephen Kelly:
> Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > I committed the patch now, and made some adjustments (refer to the commit
> > log for details).
> > I think it is ready to move to kdelibs now, should I go ahead with the
> > move and send a patch to kde-core-devel?
>
> I was going to suggest adding a d-pointer too, but I see you've done that.
> Regarding the http:// by default, we could put in a check to see if it's an
> email address either. I think it a bigger issue for it to fail
> on 'www.google.com' than to fail on 'obscureprotocol\£>someurl'.
> 'www.google.com' should work.
Well, I'm sure a user will complain about those obscure cases sooner or later
:) I think most email clients detect a www address without http in front
correctly. But I won't argue about this, change it if you like.

> Thanks for putting the finishing touches on the patch. If k-c-d approves I
> think it's ready to go in.
Yep. I'll be away for the next 5 days, so I can do it only afterwards. Maybe
you can do it? It is just copy&pasting the new KMeditor methods to KTextEdit
and svn mv'ing the klinkdialog files to kdelibs (and writing to k-c-d of
course).

> I can still add the icon to the statusbar later, right?
Sure, feel free to add it to KMail. It's not a KMeditor change as far as I
see.

Regards,
Thomas