[Kde-pim] Kpilot will not sync w. Palm tungsten T

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed Apr 30 04:53:53 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Dennis Meulensteen
<dennis at meulensteen.nl> wrote:
> Hi devs,

Hi Dennis! =:)

>  could someone help me get my Palm Tunsten T to sync with korganizer?
>
>  I can create new records on the PC and have them show up on the palm.
>  I have tried using both hotsync and full-sync. Whatever I change on the PC
>  (update or delete functions) is always silently discarded, regardless of the
>  global or local settings for replication conflicts.

That shouldn't be. =:/  Can you please give me a log to look at? You
need to configure KPilot with --enable-debug=yes and then run
kpilotDaemon with --debug=9 and then redirect that to a log file.

>  I first removed the Opensuse packages (Kpilot, kitchensync, Pilot-link) and
>  compiling everything from source (not kitchensync though). The latest stable
>  version (SVN rev. 799409) of Kpilot compiles just fine. As does pilot-link. I
>  installed everything to the prefixes shown on the Kpilot web site.
>  Funny thing is I notice Kpilot always lists the pilot-link version as 0.12.2,
>  where I definitely installed 0.12.3! I can't even find any other version on
>  my system and configure shows it is setting up everything to run with the
>  correct version (pilot-link 0.12.3).

Weird, but that shouldn't affect this. =:/

>  PS: I was also going to post about the abbrowser conduit crashing but somebody
>  just fixed it (THANKS, it now works great!)

Heh. Yay!! I can't believe that one was in there for so long without
me having hit it! =:/

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper // http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer // http://www.kde.org ]-