[Kde-pim] Lost Mail

Christian Weilbach christian_weilbach at web.de
Wed Sep 12 21:43:19 BST 2007

Am Montag 10 September 2007 schrieb Jan Metzger:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday kmail lost some of my mails. Noting important, but they are gone
> for good, and I thought I report the problem here. I hope that someone can
> confirm this.
>
> Setup:
> Kmail 1.9.7 (KDE 3.5.7) with IMAP Account  (~100 folders and ~10000 mails)
> Server is Cyrus 2.2.13.
>
> I was doing the following:
> 1. Create a new folder
> 2. Move some Mails into this folder (drag&drop)
> 3. Moved the folder into another folder (drag&drop)
>
> Outcome:
> The folder was moved but is empty, mails moved into the folder are gone.
>
> Best,
> Jan

I have had that issue, too, sometimes. I've also had plenty of unread empty
messages in KMail once, which disappeared when they where focused in the list
and mixed up the index of the other messages. This is really bad for a Mail
application and should not happen under any circumstances.

I hope it is fixed, too. I just wanted to stress that issue. A friend of mine
changed to Evolution for that. Sorry I cannot reproduce this problem at the
moment.

Christian