[Kde-pim] (no subject)

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:17:29 BST 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007 00:50:59 Justin & Kirsty Schafer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Kirsty and I have recently come accross your site and
> absolutely love what I see with K-Mail.
>
> I don't run my own business or anything and am wondering if I can use
> this program for my computer.  I have been through several email
> programs lately and yours is the only one that I feel will fill the
> needs of what I am after.
>
> I have downloaded one set of files but I have no idea how to install
> it.  I am just wondering if there is an actual setup file of some sort
> that will install the program to my computer?
>
> Thankyou for taking the time to read my email and I hope to hear back
> from you soon. :)

Well, this is largely a development list but here is a quick answer... you do
realize that KMail, for now, only runs on Linux/BSD/other Un*x-like systems?
You can install it the usual way (whatever that means for you) on any of
these systems. If you can't you are using a very old system :)
Otherwise - if you are on Windows or Mac OS X and want to stay there... there
is some effort underway to port the next major version of KDE (of which KMail
is a part) to Mac OS and Windows so you can wait for that. AFAIK there is no
fixed schedule for the OS X and Windows versions - the next major release,
4.0, on our main platform  (Linux & Co) is scheduled for the end of the year
however.