[Kde-pim] KDateEdit

John Layt john at layt.net
Sat Sep 8 09:12:30 BST 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Cornelius' and Tobias' KDateEdit widget from libkdepim
> seems to be copied to a lot of places.  I found copies
> in playground, digikam, kphotoalbum, etc.
>
> Is this widget something we should try to move into kdelibs?
> Or should we at least move it someplace in kdepimlibs?
>
> -Allen

Hi Allen,

I've been doing some of the clean-up work on the KDate* widgets already in
kdelibs (and a lot on KCalendarSystem*), and had planned to review all the
date widgets floating around out there to see what could get moved into
kdelibs or have functionality merged into the existing widgets.
Unfortunately, I won't have time to complete that side of things for 4.0 and
had planned to do it in the 4.1 timeframe.

With regard to KDateEdit, you would also need to take KDatePickerPopup, and
would need to review for conformance to the kdelibs standards (e.g. currently
no private d->).  Also you'd need to review that the API is consistant with
the existing widgets in kdelibs.

I'd rather wait for 4.1.

Cheers!

John.