[Kde-pim] kmail, dbus, KToolInvocation

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Oct 3 08:43:12 BST 2007

Hi, I'm looking at kplato - kdepim integration, trying to send a mail from
kplato with kmail. I used the komailclient.h/-.cpp as example but it doesn't
work.
AFAICS there are two problems in komailclient:
1) The dbus interface is called "org.kde.kmail.KMail" in the program,
but "org.kde.kmail.kmail" (lower case) in the xml file.
2) There is only one openComposer method defined in the xml file with 6 input
arguments, the program calls with either 7 or 15 arguments.

Using KToolInvocation instead opens the composer allright, but doesn't fill
the "to" field. If I try to start kmail from the console with:
kmail --composer mailto:a at b
it works, but adding a "mailto" in my program doesn't work.

Anyone who can help with this?
--
Mvh
Dag Andersen