[Kde-pim] Make KDE PIM 4 installable in parallel to KDE PIM 3

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 12:29:36 BST 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 17:37:22 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2007-10-21, Mike Arthur <mike at mikearthur.co.uk> wrote:
> > Gentoo has a different prefix for each major KDE version.
> > e.g. /usr/kde/3.5 and /usr/kde/4.0
> >
> > What is wrong with this approach?
>
> Have you ever read fhs ?
Yeh, I've read it and I think it is a good idea, but not some gospel to be
blindly followed. In this situation (if we were actually pressing forward
with having the packages coincide which it doesn't look we are are) I think
Gentoo's slight bending from it would solve more problems that it would
create.

Just my opinion though :)

Mike Arthur