[Kde-pim] Problem with KDE PIM Enterprise

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 22:55:21 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm having serious problems with KMail from the enterprise branch. When
I start KMail then KMail starts 160 or more kio_file processes. This
kills my brand new Core 2 Duo system for more than 15 minutes. With the
KDE 3.5 branch version (from yesterday) this problem does not occur.
With this version KMail starts within seconds.

Attached are three snapshots of KSysGuard:
- using the precompiled kdepim provided with OpenSUSE 10.3
- using self-built enterprise version of kdepim from today
- using self-built KDE 3.5 branch version of kdepim from yesterday

The dent in the load graph approx. 5 minutes after the start of KMail is
caused by 2 'kontact --iconify' instances that freeze KMail until they
are killed. The KDE 3.5 branch version starts a single Kontact instance
that does not freeze KMail.

As far as I can see those kio_file process all access a .../cur folder
(of which I have 200+).

Regards,
Ingo