[Kde-pim] storage location for Kontact data

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:47:52 BST 2007

On 10/23/07, Barrett <Barrett at smithweb.us> wrote:
> I'm having major systems issues and it looks like I'm going to have to scrub
> my harddrive and rebuild from scratch.  Before I do that, I need to make sure
> all my archived mail, contacts, calendar data and so on is safe.  Can someone
> tell me where this data is stored by Kontact and how to go about reloading
> after I get things rebuilt?

Most stuff is in your .kde folder, for example here:
~/.kde/share/config/kresources
and your mail should be in in ~/Mail

Unless, of course, you've choosen other locations for this stuff.

Either way, preserving your homefolder is the best thing you can do -
you will keep all your settings and data (don't forget the hidden
directories!) when you install again, or even another distribution.

Having a home folder on a separate partition even allows for having
several distributions installed with the same home -> same settings
and data!

:D

> Thanks,
> Barrett