[Kde-pim] troubleshooting tips?

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 09:33:36 BST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007, Timothy Cahill said:
> I've had a look around http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/,
> and perhaps someone (Hello, Will?) could point me at the right debug
> builds?

Before building a debug build, I think the network status system may be
confused.

What does "dcop kded networkstatus status" return?  If it says "wrong number
of arguments", make sure your kdelibs3 is up to date, and verify it with
rpm -V, reinstalling if there is a problem.

If it says '1' (no network status information available) or '8' (online) it
means the problem lies elsewhere.

If it says '6' then according to the network status system you are offline, so
KMail suppresses its mail checks.

In that case, are you using KNetworkManager but are not currently connected to
a network using it, and have used eg kppp or wvdial to dial up?  What
does "dcop kded networkstatus networks" return?

Will