[Kde-pim] send sms via kaddressbook

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 12:23:01 GMT 2007

Игорь Алюшев wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm writing perl script to send SMS, but dont know, how to use it with
> kaddressbook
>
> In setting page I wrote
>
> /home/igor/work/SMS/sms.pl %N %text
>
> but I can'not see the text in my script.
>
> Can You tell me, what arguments I can use?

Hi.

Did you get this working as expected? I'm working on a new way to send sms
messages through kaddressbook at the moment. It's in a prototyping stage
and almost demoable. It uses the kross scripting framework to allow people
like yourself to write scripts for service providers in any supported
language (I don't think perl is supported by kross yet). It could hopefully
be made available to kaddressbook, plasma, kmobiletools etc.

Could you tell me more about your script, or even send it to me with login
details removed? I'm interested in how other people use their computers to
send sms messages currently. The scripts I've written so far send messages
through a webtext service.

Kind regards,

Steve.

reference: