[Kde-pim] help kmail error message

Cheryl Skorupski c.skorupski at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 4 16:36:38 GMT 2007

Hello

My name is Paul Streitberger pstreitberger at sbcglobal.net I installed slackware 12.0 recently

I am able to receive mail on kmail but I am unable to send mail on kmail

I receive two error messages:

1.  Upon start up:  Error opening /home/Paul/.kde/share/apps/kmail/autosave/new.
                                     Not a valid maildir folder or you do not have sufficient access permission

2. Upon sending mail:  Sending failed your SMPT server does not support PLAIN.
                                            Choose a different authentication method.

re:1     Should I log in as 'root' to create this dir?

re:2 In kmail config, the program found that the computer supports SSL encryption and PLAIN authentication method.
        I tried all the other options [LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, NTLM etc] to no avail.

I am new to linux os. I appreciate any suggestions :)

Thank you

Paul