[Kde-pim] Problem syncing kabc with phone

Robin Atwood robin.atwood at attglobal.net
Sun Nov 25 14:36:05 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 Nov 2007, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007, Robin Atwood wrote:
> > I am asking this here since I guess someone here write the KDEPIM
> > opensync plug-in and I have had no response from the opensync list. I
> > have been struggling to sync my new SE P1i, which supports SyncML 1.2 so
> > there should be no problem, When I run kitchensync or msynchtool I always
> > get the following error:
> >
> > robin at opal ~ $ msynctool --sync "SE P1i"
> > Synchronizing group "SE P1i"
> > The previous synchronization was unclean. Slow-syncing
> > Member 1 of type kdepim-sync had an error while connecting: Unable to
> > lock addressbook for writing.
> >
> > I have already stopped kontact. I assume the plug-in wants to update
> > ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf, so why cannot it get a write lock?
>
> If you are sure that you do not have any unsaved addressbook data (i.e. all
> respective applications closed), try removing the files
> in .kde/share/apps/kabc/lock

Thanks for the tip but I have already tried that; the directory is empty.
KMail actually uses LDAP so the lock files are never used. Could this be the
problem, the plug-in is trying lock the LDAP interface thinking it's a file?

-Robin
Robin Atwood, Bangkok, Thailand.
tel/fax: +66 2252 1438
mobile: +66 851 322487