[Kde-pim] Classical recipient editor in KMail

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 22:10:28 GMT 2007

Hello,

On Friday 16 November 2007, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 16 November 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Friday 16 November 2007 13:25:24 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > KMail has a hidden setting which apparently can enable a classical
> > > recipient editor.
> > > Because of this, the code is littered with things like

> > > And of course, the classical recipient editor never gets testing
> > > and was not ported at all. I've enabled it, and as soon as the
> > > composer opens, KMail crashes.
> > >
> > > I think we should remove the classical recipient editor completely.
> >
> > Agree.  Classical Recipents should be removed for 4.0
>
> Yes, please remove it.
OK, it is gone with revision 738078.

We now have to addressee selection dialogs in libkdepim:
AddresseeSelectorDialog in libkdepim/addresseeselector.h and
libkdepim/addresseeemailselection.h
and
AddressesDialog in libkdepim/addressesdialog.h

The first one is now not used anymore, according to lxr.kde.org. The second
one is still used in several places of KMail and in KOrganizer.

Maybe we should get rid of this unused class as well now?

Regards,
Thomas