[Kde-pim] Problem syncing kabc with phone

Robin Atwood robin.atwood at attglobal.net
Sun Nov 25 12:00:03 GMT 2007

I am asking this here since I guess someone here write the KDEPIM opensync
plug-in and I have had no response from the opensync list. I have been
struggling to sync my new SE P1i, which supports SyncML 1.2 so there should
be no problem, When I run kitchensync or msynchtool I always get the
following error:

robin at opal ~ $ msynctool --sync "SE P1i"
Synchronizing group "SE P1i"
The previous synchronization was unclean. Slow-syncing
Member 1 of type kdepim-sync had an error while connecting: Unable to lock
addressbook for writing.

I have already stopped kontact. I assume the plug-in wants to update
~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf, so why cannot it get a write lock?

TIA
Robin.